A) Typology, purpose and operation of Cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into "Session Cookies" or "Permanent Cookies". The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is met (for example, for the user to remain identified in the Services) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, according to their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. By way of example, this typology includes:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location cookies: These cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a service. This cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide content to your location.
- Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened his session, and are used to identify him in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if he closes a service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day re-enter said service, will continue to be identified, thus facilitating its navigation without having to re-identify. This functionality can be suppressed if the user clicks the "close session" functionality, so this cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the service, the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytic Cookies: Each time a user visits a service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that can be added to this list in case they vary from the current ones) generates an analytic Cookie on the computer of the user. This Cookie that is generated only in the visit, will serve in next visits to the Services of the Web to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives are:
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Know if the user you are accessing is new or repeat visits.
- Advertising Cookies: This type of "Cookies" allows to expand the information of the displayed ads to each anonymous user in the Services of the Web. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, interaction with them, or browsing patterns and / or user compartments is stored as they help shape an advertising interest profile. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
- Third-Party Advertising Cookies: In addition to Web-managed advertising in its Services, the Web offers advertisers the option of serving ads through third parties ("AdServers"). In this way, these third parties can store Cookies sent from the Web Services from Users' browsers, as well as access the data stored in them.
- B) How to disable cookies in major browsers
Normally it is possible to stop accepting the Cookies of the navigator, or to stop accepting the Cookies of a particular Service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the Cookies settings. These settings are usually found in the "options" or "preferences" in the menu of your browser. You can also configure your browser or your email manager, as well as install free add-ons to prevent Web Bugs from downloading when you open an email.
The Web provides guidance to the user on the steps to access the configuration menu of cookies and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the main browsers:
For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.
- C) Third Party Information
The third parties with cookies on our website are the following:
The Web may modify this Cookies Policy in accordance with the legislative requirements, regulations, or with the purpose of adapting this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, for this reason users are advised to visit it periodically.